I am so excited for your interest in joining our Conscious Living in Colombia retreat to kickstart your New Year!
This is the kind of life-changing journey that usually takes years to curate yourself, but with the excess stripped away so it can be experienced in a week. That is why I am excited to pair with Mandolin Badger as a guest host on this retreat. She has been leading several similar retreats already in Columbia and even created her own company Mundo Adventures! Having lived 4 years in South America, Mandolin has deep ties within communities that welcome us like family and give us access to the most magical parts of the country.
In exchange, we allocate funds from the trip to give back to the local community in ways that empower their voices and allow them to thrive in the world. In Colombia, we have the opportunity to learn from, and give backto, the oldest Indigenous Tribe in the Americas. The Kogis live in complete harmony with the natural world,and we are the only outsiders allowed into their most sacred lands. In return, we help young families with goods they need to preserve their ancient way of life in a rapidly changing world.
Yoga is a practice which goes beyond the postures, so while we are doing physical asana, everything on retreat is designed to allow you to get present and feel wholeness. Rappelling waterfalls, taking part in ancient ceremonies and hiking mountains to see the sunrise are just some of the many ways we practice yoga on retreat!
Our journey to Colombia allows you to tap into that flow state where you are present and everything just clicks. At its essence, this adventure is all about mindful living, and the freeing feeling you get when you are awake and engaged in your life!
Details are as follows...
Dates: January 16th - 22nd, 2019
All-inclusive highlights from the itinerary:
● Optional daily practice of yoga, mindful flows that sweetly take you deep with plenty of restoration from the day's activities
● Offerings of meditation
● Ceremony with the indigenous Kogi tribe (we are the only foreigners permitted to partake in this, as our host Mandolin has spent much time with them)
● Holotropic breathwork sessions
● Trekking days up the Sierra Nevadas - the world's tallest coastal mountains into 'the heart of the universe', as considered by the native peoples
● Surf (lessons available) and beach play day on the pristine coastline
● Tour of Colombian coffee farm owned by a local friend of our host Madolin
● Zipline fun
● Special waterfall hike
● Massage and spa day
● Intention-setting personal growth practices
And of course:
● Six nights of comfortable lodging
● Three nutritious and locally sourced meals each day
● Transportation to and from the airport and within Colombia, from coastal cities to mountains, jungles and the Caribbean Sea
● Admission to biological reserves, national parks and coffee farms
● Healthy snacks
*all payments and deposits are non refundable